|The department of Architecture is recruiting, starting from September 1st, 2023, a colleague with high research potential and with high teaching skills.|
Rapid urbanization, climate crises, the threat of collapsing eco-systems and the digitalization of our societies, make it necessary to relate Construction and Structural Design to our architectural practices. Our future architects must therefore take their part to bring up coherent, progressive, inclusive visions and solutions for our present.
The hired professor should bring cultural and intellectual background to consider the transition Construction and Structural Design to architecture while taking into account the context of cities, the built and non-built environments. This input should act as a critical and conceptual support that will reflect on the urban/architectural approaches adopted by the students in their (graduation) projects and their future practices.
The appointee should have an outstanding record of pedagogic experience in architectural history and theory as well as a leading and innovative research agenda.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Contribute to teaching on both Bachelor and Master Level from introductory theoretical courses to supervising graduation project and master dissertations
- Provide both theoretically orientated and practice-based teaching
- Create a strong program of research
- Contribute to the intellectual and academic life of the department
- Participate in the different administrative tasks of the department
Applicants must have:
- A PhD in Construction and Structural Design, or related domains, from a reputable university
- A record of teaching experience both at the graduate and undergraduate level
Well qualified candidates should have a demonstrated ability to conduct high-level research.
UFE will consider with interest research profiles with a research agenda which can contribute to the following topics relevant to build a more sustainable world:
- Circular economy
- Digitalization and multiculturalism
- Frugal engineering
- Sustainable mobility
Fluency in English and/ or French is required. Speaking French is not a requirement but holding basic notions in French is an asset. French lessons are proposed to all new international faculty recruited. Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience, and our incentives are highly competitive.
The position is on our main campus in Shorouk, in Greater Cairo. The Shorouk city is well located at 20 min from the New Capital and New Cairo, 30 min from international Cairo airport and only 90 min from the Red Sea.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter specifying the motivation for the position
- A curriculum vitae including published papers, work in progress and/or under review
- A research statement
- A teaching statement
- A list of three references
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All application materials should be submitted in English or in French.
For further information please contact Prof. Denis DARPY (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Prof. Dominique ADOLPHE (email@example.com).