The department of Applied Languages is recruiting one colleague with high research potential and with high teaching skills.
Founded in 2002, the Université Française d’Égypte (UFE) is a higher education institution under the dual supervision of Egyptian and French ministries of higher education. The UFE offers a promise to the new generation of pathfinders. A promise to receive unparalleled high-quality educational programs, a solid integration into the job market and a dedication to securing your professional future. The hub of French higher education in Egypt, the UFE delivers a multi-cultural experience as it offers a number of degrees from acclaimed French universities, accredited by France’s Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
A multidisciplinary establishment, the university’s disciplines include engineering sciences, computer science and artificial intelligence, management, social sciences, architecture and applied languages. Courses are taught in French and English in an Arabic-speaking environment.
Our academic goals are supported by a wide spectrum of strategic partnerships with France’s finest educational organizations. Their expertise is passed on to our students through a diversity of courses and programs. These partners include Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, Université de Nantes, Université de Haute Alsace and the INSA of Strasbourg, all of them listed in the international rankings.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Teach English as a Foreign Language.
- Have a good knowledge in cultural studies.
- Have will and passion in teaching non native speakers.
- Have a research background in education, language or cultural studies.
Applicants must have:
A PhD degree from a reputable university.
- Teaching certificates such as PCTEFLA, ESL, TEFL, CELTA or
- Intention to work in a multi cultural environment.
- Good skills in computer and information technology.
Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience, and our incentives are highly competitive.
The position is on our main campus in Shorouk, in Greater Cairo. The Shorouk city is well located at 20 min from the New Capital and New Cairo, 30 min from international Cairo airport and only 90 min from the Red Sea.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter specifying the motivation for the position
- A curriculum vitae including published papers, work in progress and/or under review
- A research statement
- A teaching statement
- A list of three references
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All application materials should be submitted in English.