ICEBFIT 2021 | 4thInternational Conference on Economic, Business, Financial and Institutional Translation
The Department of Applied Languages
Université Française d’Égypte
Cairo 6-7 December 2021
The era of cloud computing and fluid information intensified the need for economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation. Multinational companies, international organizations and institutions deliver multilingual contents through documents and localized versions of websites and mobile applications, establishing a new market for professional specialized translation.
The process of communicating contents has witnessed a great change and is hindered by the appearance of new challenges, i.e. the emergence of localization, collaborative translation work and automatic translation platforms, in addition to the emergence of electronic and application commerce.
Translators and interpreters involved in this spectrum are left to deal with those challenges and sort them out for themselves, and answer questions like; how can information and communication technologies be used to overcome substantial challenges such as the inter-cultural aspects of specialized translation? How can we ensure that translations provided in the abovementioned fields are of sufficient quality and finesse?
The Fourth International Conference on Economic, Business, Financial and Institutional Translation (ICEBFIT) sheds light and deals with these issues in addition to highlighting the importance of translation programs.
The dire need to train translators and interpreters on those rising scopes bridges the gap between the academia and the emerging markets through new academic courses that trains future translators and interpreters to deal with those issues, carrying their employability criteria as a priority, especially in the economic and commercial fields.
Following three successful rounds held in 2014 at Alicante University, in 2016 at Québec à Trois-Rivières University and in 2018 at Alicante
University, ICEBFIT IV will be held in the Campus of The Université Française d’Egypte in Cairo on December 6 and 7, 2021 (Chorouq city), organized by the Department of Applied Languages.
In addition to English, French and, Spanish this round incorporates the Arabic language for the first time as a pivotal language to open up an entire region; catering to the growing need to Arabic in the international arena.
The conference brings scholars, academics and professionals interested in the fields of economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation to meet to discuss topics related to these fields, and promotes scientific research in those areas.
This activity is part of the work of GRELITT, research Group of Linguistics, Terminology and Translation Studies.
Language of the Conference:
Arabic, English, French, Spanish.
The duration of oral presentations is set at 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes of discussion.
- Terminology problems and translation practice. Terminological issues related to the practice of translation.
- Creating terminological resources.
- Text types, taxonomy and contrastive analysis.
- Professional experience: Translators’ professional experience in economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation.
- The impact of the CAT tools and the AT use of translation resources in the educational and professional fields.
- Development of the professional know-how in both translation and website content writing fields.
- Translating specialized discourse related to translation norms and terminological and phraseological challenges.
- Intercultural issues of terminology and phraseology.
- New teaching methods and tools in specialized translation.
- Vocational-training courses in relation to the concept of translators’ employability.
- Collaborative translation.
- Localization: Linguistic, technological and intercultural challenges of localization.
- Future of translation: The future of translation in the era of AI.
- Translation and adaptation of texts intended for the visually impaired like alternative texts.
- Translation training and internships.
- Quality in translation.
- The new research tendencies in the field of economic, commercial, financial, institutional translation and bibliometrics.
Amal EL SABBAN, Ain Shams University.
Daniel GALLEGO, Alicante University.
Fayza El QASEM, Université Sorbonne-Nouvelle (ESIT).
Guy PENET, WHO (Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean).
Loïc DEPECKER, Université Sorbonne-Nouvelle.
Patricia MINACORI, Université de Paris.
Dates had been changed due to the health crisis.
- – Proposal submission: starting December 20, 2019.
- – Proposal submission deadline: April 1, 2020. New date: May 31, 2020. Confirmation of participation with abstract sent: June 2021.
- – Notification of acceptance: August 31, 2021.
- Registration deadline November 1st, 2021.
- Conference: December 6-7 2021.
- Full papers submission: February 15, 2022.
- Expected publication to the accepted papers in META Journal 2023, no. 3.
- Expected publication in the Four Languages is to be in another scientific journal or publishing house, to be announced later.
- Accepted international participants: 170 euros
- Accepted Egyptian participants: 1000 LE
- International attendees: 85 euros
- Egyptian attendees: 350 LE
- Students (UFE): 60 LE
- Students of other universities: 200 LE
Registration Fees includes:
- Attending all the conference sessions.
- Certificate of participation.
- Certificate of attendance.
- Conference Kit (for participants only).
- Conference book.
- Coffee breaks + Lunch for the two days of the conference.
Dima EL HUSSEINI
Sara ABOU EL EINEIN
Islam ABOU GHEIDA
Chérine EL KHALIFA
Islam SALAH EL DINE
IT team: Mariam GAWISH and Nader NASHAAT
Administrative personnel: Aya ADEL and Youstina SAFWAT.
Call for participation