The department of Applied Languages is recruiting a colleague with high research potential and with high teaching skills.
THE UNIVERSITÉ FRANÇAISE D’ÉGYPTE
Founded in 2002, the Université Française d’Égypte (UFE) is a higher education institution under the dual supervision of Egyptian and French ministries of higher education. The UFE offers a promise to the new generation of pathfinders. A promise to receive unparalleled high-quality educational programs, a solid integration into the job market and a dedication to securing your professional future. The hub of French higher education in Egypt, the UFE delivers a multi-cultural experience as it offers a number of degrees from acclaimed French universities, accredited by France’s Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation.
A multidisciplinary establishment, the university’s disciplines include engineering sciences, computer science and artificial intelligence, management, social sciences, architecture and applied languages. Courses are taught in French and English in an Arabic-speaking environment.
Our academic goals are supported by a wide spectrum of strategic partnerships with France’s finest educational organizations. Their expertise is passed on to our students through a diversity of courses and programs. These partners include Université Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle, Université de Nantes, Université de Haute Alsace and the INSA of Strasbourg, all of them listed in the international rankings.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Contribute to teaching undergraduate courses in French language.
- Tutoring non-French speaking students to progress in French language, in order to reach the language level required by the university.
- Contribute to developing linguistic materials and tools for the MOODLE platform.
Applicants must have:
- A bachelor degree from a reputable university.
- A record of teaching experience both at the school cycle and undergraduate level.
- A good command of the oral and written French language.
- A good general knowledge and culture.
- Good skills in computer and information technology.
Fluency in French is compulsory. Salary will be commensurate with prior performance and experience, and our incentives are highly competitive.
The position is on our main campus in Shorouk, in Greater Cairo. The Shorouk city is well located at 20 mn from the New Capital and New Cairo, 30 mn from international Cairo airport and only 90mn from the Red Sea.
THE APPLICATION SHOULD CONSIST OF
- A cover letter specifying the motivation for the position
- A curriculum vitae including published papers, work in progress and/or under review
- A teaching statement
- A list of three references
Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible. All application materials should be submitted in French.
For further information please contact Prof. Denis DARPY (email@example.com) and Prof. Dominique ADOLPHE (firstname.lastname@example.org)